The Ontario Principal's Council, in partnership with Ontario Supervisory Officials Association requires instructors/Mentors for the Supervisory Officer's Qualification Program.
Practising Supervisory Officers from all publicly funded school systems are invited to apply for positions as SOQP instructors.
Applicants are asked to submit the following information:
- A letter of application (cover letter)
- A curriculum vitae. A letter of reference from a director of education
- Names and contact numbers for two additional references including a practising SO.
Selection Criteria for SOQP Instructors/ MentorsWhen selecting staff for the Supervisory Officer's Qualification Program, the following criteria will be considered:
- Is a practising Supervisory Officer with recent and relevant experience
- Is an exemplary school leader, as recognized by peers and supervisors
- Has identified expertise in particular areas of school leadership
- Has a proven record of effective delivery of leadership development programs
- Is dynamic, resourceful, well-read and informed
- Understands and applies theory relevant to school leadership
- Demonstrates a province-wide perspective
- Is an excellent communicator
- Represents one of the four publicly-funded systems in Ontario
- Provides balance among criteria such as, male/female, elementary/secondary, francophone/anglophone, urban/rural, and other appropriate geographic representations
Training for SOQP Instructors
Successful applicants will be expected to take part in staff training
and planning sessions. Planning for the July program occurs in May and
June, dates to be determined.
For the full job posting and application instructions click HERE.